In addition, plastic cards can be used a wide range of ways.
Thanks to their durability and high-quality graphics, plastic cards can be used in a lot of different situations. On top of their terrific visual appeal, plastic cards also have the capability of interacting with machines in a number of different ways.
Given this huge range of possibility, any business can find a good use for a printed plastic card.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can recycle old plastic cards into new cards to reduce waste and keep old cards out of landfills.
- In addition to being highly durable and lasting a long time, PVC cards are capable of decomposing under the right conditions.
- Any business desiring to reduce its impact on the environment should use eco-friendly business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To get more info on custom plastic cards and competitive pricing, fill in the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Take a look at what you need and make sure you find the right printer for the job you want done, because not all plastic card printers are the same.
We can help you find the best plastic card printer at an affordable price. Plastic Card ID offers: Take advantage of outstanding service from our reliable ID experts.
Browse our easy-to-navigate website for the best printer brands.
Honest product reviews from real customers Save money on printers and supplies with our affordable prices. Rely on our experts for support before, during and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer can be a challenge – consider these 5 factors to make it easier. 1) Single or Dual-Sided Printer
Most card printers are available as single or dual-sided models.
Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. Dual-sided card printers are time efficient, especially with bigger batches. 2. Reverse transfer or dye sublimation
The least expensive type of printer, and the one you’ll see most often, is the dye sublimation printer.
The use a ribbon with panels to put the color onto the card, but usually leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) utilize a ribbon and transfer film for a higher quality print that offers full-bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will want printers with larger hopper sizes faster print speeds and that have high yield ribbons available.
If you are only going to print a new card here and there, you might be better served with a manual hand-fed printer or a more inexpensive automatic printer that has a lower capacity. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards can increase the durability and value of cards. It’s essential for cards used on a regular basis.
You can also use lamination to add holograms for added security.
However, there are also less expensive ways for visual security measures, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be directly connected to a PC with a USB cable.
If you need to connect your ID card printer to a Mac Computer, then choose a printer that has Mac compatibility. For connecting to a network to print using multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is just another term for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a plastic used in a wide range of products. It is usually thought of in terms of construction, but it is a common material for ID cards, as well. A PVC card printer can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use different methods to transfer a design onto a card. Popular techniques for printing on PVC cards can include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. One of the more popular methods for ID card printing is dye sublimation printing that requires the use of a ribbon which has panels containing three main colors, they include Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta.
As the card is being printed, a print head with heated thermal elements passes on top of the ribbon then the ink evaporates on the ribbon wherever ever it’s appropriate, afterward the PVC card is transferred into it,
As the card is printing, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink on the ribbon where appropriate and transfers it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is the term use for color PVC card printers. For the same method used for black and white printing, the process is called resin thermal transfer.
To download a brochure or to see a demonstration of how the Badgy Printer works, please go to:
For a brochure or demonstration of the Badgy Printer, go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST priced printer for color plastic cards on the market today.
You don’t need a dual-sided printer for printing on both sides of your cards.
You can use this single-sided printer, and flip the card over to print on the back side of the card.
You save $600.00 when flipping the card over yourself - the cost difference between a single sided and a dual sided card printer.
Badgy offers turnkey solutions, for both PCs and Mac computers. They consist of the Evolis
The Badgy Printer offers a turnkey solution for either Mac or PC. It consists of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card software, and a kit including a color ribbon with blank plastic cards, sufficient for 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize the template of your choice, adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 lets you print your own cards completely independently.
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can import data from a database, adding information to your designs with a single click and launching a print run of your badges with a single command, including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer generates personalized plastic cards with professional-quality, edge-to-edge printing, that highlights your brand’s image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used just like a standard office printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
The entire process is completed through the very simple and straightforward Badgy Premium Suite software that can be run on any PC. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized.
The Badgy200 is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, so it can fit easily into any workspace needed.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your own quality customized badges in full color, whenever and wherever you want. This provides instant production of individualized secure cards, with limitless applications.
- A Card Printer
In simple terms, you’re printing your cards on plastic instead of paper.
- Print the amounts you want on whatever schedule you desire. Badgy is designed with the needs of smaller and medium-size businesses in mind.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- Its compact, lightweight design makes it optimal for any office workspace.
- The Evolis Badgy200 solution helps you print professional-quality color badges easily.
- Badgy200 is perfect for graphic personalization and rapid card creation, either in singles or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 color card printer is great for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- Easily design and print professional, edge-to-edge ID cards and badges using the Evolis Badge Studio + the software that is included with Badgy200.
- The software is compatible with Mac and PC operating systems and lets you create personalized badges in minutes.
- With the Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software, you can easily control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Visit badgy.com to find a free card template from our library, there you can personalize any template you like by adding photos, logos, text, and a lot more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Gift and loyalty cards
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 system is a cost-effective solution, which is ideal for low-volume card printing. It’s a complete, all-in-one solution that’s perfect for new users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
Consumables such as ink ribbons and plastic cards
Badgy’s 25-card input/output tray is conveniently located at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and the USB and Power connections are located at the back.
An LCD control panel makes the printer incredibly user-friendly.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy 200 features full-color, photographic quality printing covering the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
The cost per card is extremely low no matter how few cards you need to print at a time. Badgy was created with small business needs in mind.
In addition, Badgy saves you money on power costs when you use its hibernation mode.
The Badgy 200 color ID card printer is ideal for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
With a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour, this printer is incredibly fast!
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Customize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy in batches or individually, whenever you need them! Staff ID badges
Event badges Membership cards