There are a tremendous number of uses for plastic cards.
Their durability and high-quality mean they can be used in a wide range of situations. On top of their terrific visual appeal, plastic cards also have the capability of interacting with machines in a number of different ways.
No matter what line of business you are in, there is an innovative and growth-sparking use for printed plastic cards.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can recycle old plastic cards into new cards to reduce waste and keep old cards out of landfills.
- This keeps outdated cards out of the trash. And if they do need to be thrown out, bio-degradable plastics allow these cards to decompose in a matter of years.
- Plastic cards are actually a good thing for the environment!
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To get more information on custom plastic cards and learn more about our competitive pricing, just fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Take a look at what you need and make sure you find the right printer for the job you want done, because not all plastic card printers are the same.
We are dedicated to helping you find the plastic card printer that fits your budget! Here are some advantages to shopping with Plastic Card ID: The best trained and experienced customer service team.
Shop the best printer brands on our user-friendly website.
You can read honest product reviews from customers just like yourself. Save up to 50% on printers and supplies with our everyday low prices. Rely on our experts for support before, during and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer doesn’t need to be a complex project. Focus on these 5 factors to help you in your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most printers are available in either single- or dual-sided models.
Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards, which can be time intensive and tedious. Double-sided card printers save time on larger batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of printer.
They require the use of ribbon that has panels made to infuse color on the card, however it leaves a small white border behind on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film and give a higher quality results that doesn’t leave a border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will need larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
Companies with small batches can save money by purchasing a handfed printer or those without high-volume features. 4) Visible Security Elements and Lamination Laminating ID cards increases durability and cost of ID cards. But it is necessary for cards that are handled regularly or swiped through a machine or reader.
Laminated cards also add enhanced security feature options, like holograms.
Less expensive ways exist to add visual security, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5) Type of connection
All ID card printers can be connected to a PC using a USB cable.
When connecting to a Mac computer, make sure you have compatibility with a Mac printer. For connecting to a network to print using multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another term for an ID card printer.
PVC – or polyvinyl chloride – may bring to mind plastic pipes, but it is also used to make durable and reliable ID cards. A PVC card printer, therefore, can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use a variety of methods to transfer a design onto a card. Some common techniques for printing on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is the most common method of ID card printing and uses a ribbon, which has panels of the three primary colors (Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta) along its entire length.
While printing the card, the heated thermal elements of the print head pass over the ribbon, evaporating the EHNC on the ribbon in the appropriate spots and transferring the color to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer, this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
For a demonstration of the Badgy Printer or to download an informational brochure go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST priced printer for color plastic cards on the market today.
You do not need a dual-sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
This way you can save roughly $600.00, the cost difference between the single-sided and a dual-sided card printer.
This is a good way to save $600 if you’re on a tight budget, since a dual sided card printer costs $600 more than a single sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy gives you a turnkey solution for PC or Mac. It consists of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumable supplies (blank plastic cards and a color ribbon) for 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards instantly and completely independently.
Print your badges as needed, either one at a time or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 can produce an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also customize cards by importing data from a database, adding information to your card designs with one-click convenience, and doing a print run with a single command, merging the variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
With the Badgy200 printer you can generate professional quality personalized plastic cards, featuring edge-to-edge printing, and giving your organization’s brand image greater exposure.
EASY TO USE Once properly installed, the Badgy200 can be used just like a basic office printer.
The cards are loaded and retrieved through a simple hopper that is located right on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software allows you to control the printer from your computer, by receiving notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are simple to install and automatically recognized.
The Badgy200 is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, so it can fit easily into any workspace needed.
- This compact printer weighs just 9 pounds!
- Personalized Card Badges
- Since Badgy makes it possible few to print your own customize color badges on demand, this solution can be applied to instantly produced personalized secure cards for a variety of uses.
- The Premier Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can print your cards on quality plastic!
- Your badges will be printed in full color by Badgy, with professional quality, whenever and wherever you want.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- It has a compact, lightweight design that can fit into almost any workspace.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution created to help you print superior-quality color badges with ease.
- Badgy200 meets all your needs for personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- You can design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included with Badgy200.
- Badgy is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to make custom and individualized badges quickly!
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software provides complete control over your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tools, complete with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- We offer thousands of free card templates at badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choosing and add photos, logos, text, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Gift and loyalty cards
- 100 blank credit card-sized PVC cards.
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is a cost-effective solution, ideal for low-volume printing applications. This system a complete solution for both novice and experienced users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
Evolis Badge Studio and card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
Some of the key features of the Badgy card printer is its 25-card input/output tray located on the front of the printer along with the ribbon reloading located at the top, while on the back is the power connection and the USB port.
An LCD control panel makes this printer easy to use.
Quality and cost effectiveness When you print with Badgy200 you get sharp, rich images that cover the full card. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
Whether you’re printing 1 card or 100, your costs will always be the lowest possible.
You can save even more money when using the power-saving hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
In addition, it prints quickly with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards an hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards an hour.
Premium Suite includes:
The full-color YMCKO ribbon can print 100 jobs
Print personalized ID badges either one at a time or in batches with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them. Gift and loyalty cards
Event badges Visitor badges